I've just released TotalFinder 0.6.7 which is identical to 0.6.6. It has just the expiration date set to February 8, 2010.
My original goal was to release 0.7 today, but I simply didn't make it. Instead of releasing half-baked version and dealing with complaints I've decided to postpone 0.7 release. Software is hard :-/
Good news for the next release
I have had quite good progress. I have a more stable version of TotalFinder and solved many remaining display quirks. I've also removed great chunks of experimental code, so TotalFinder should be also somewhat lighter.
Also I've spent the whole weekend on implementing dual-panel mode. I got it working but it is still not ready for prime time.
zAnd by the way, I've implemented a custom crash report dialog. Hope you will not see it very often:
Overwhelmed with great responses
I want to thank you all for great responses. TotalFinder has been really hot on Twitter and got great coverage in Mac media and blogosphere. I wasn't prepared for such an explosion of interest.
But it is GREAT! Yooohoooo! :-)
- lifehacker.com: TotalFinder Adds Tabs, Hotkeys, and Other Tweaks to OS X's Finder
- cultofmac.com: Interview: TotalFinder Developer Talks About Bringing Tabs to Mac OS X Finder
- macgasm.net: Macgasm Podcast #264 about TotalFinder
- smokingapples.com: TotalFinder brings Tabs to your native Finder!
- tuaw.com: TotalFinder beefs up Finder
- makeuseof.com Experimenting With Finder Using TotalFinder
- 9to5mac.com: TotalFinder adds tabs, other tricks to Snow Leopard's Finder
- downloadsquad.com: TotalFinder brings tabs to Mac OS X!
- and others
I'm sorry I don't have much time to respond individually to your mail messages. If you need support please discuss your ideas or issues on Get Satisfaction. This way I can spend more time doing actual coding.